The UNC NRI is offering a limited number of scholarships to students and postdoctoral fellows. These scholarships include tuition, meals during the course period, and lodging at UNCC.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow enrolled in an academic institute as of the start date of the class. Students graduating in the Spring semester immediately prior to the start date are eligible regardless of actual graduation date.
Note: a graduate student is defined as a student who is studying for a higher degree at an academic institution. A postdoctoral fellow is defined as an individual with a Ph.D., M.D., or DVM degree who is engaged in a temporary period of mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills needed to pursue their desired career path, and is within 6 years of these degrees.
If you are eligible and wish to be considered for a scholarship, you should register for the course and fill out the form to the right by the scholarship deadline, March 15, 2017.
- A brief (2-3 paragraph) personal statement describing how the class will benefit your current research and future career path.
- A current resume/CV
- An unofficial transcript (graduate students only)
- A letter from your mentor verifying your status as a student or postdoc.
You can mail this letter to:
UNC Nutrition Research Institute
Attn: Nutrigenomics Workshop 2017
500 Laureate Way
Kannapolis, NC 28081
you can email a copy of the letter to NRI_NGX@unc.edu, using subject line, Scholarship Letter.
- We highly encourage applications from underrepresented groups. If you wish to declare that you are a member of an underrepresented group, please do so in your personal statement.
Scholarships will be reviewed and evaluated by the scholarship committee. Criteria include:
- The value of this course for your current and future career development as demonstrated by your personal statement, your academic record and/or CV.
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Nutrigenetics Workshop. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting any new scholarships.
If you have a question regarding your application please email NRI_NGX@unc.edu.