Leave A Legacy
Your gifts to the UNC Nutrition Research Institute (NRI) are creating a legacy for something that you and the NRI share - a passion for a healthy future. A transformative gift to the NRI can help us transform the field of nutrition and provide solutions to some of our greatest health challenges. Below are just a few of the ways you can give to the NRI, including gifts that provide income to you now and that help your family later. To find out more about these ways to give, please call the Community Outreach Office at 704-250-5008.
The Gift That Gives Back
You have the opportunity to make a gift that provides income back to you now, and later for your beneficiary(s). These options may provide an income stream, significant tax savings, secure assets for your beneficiary(s), and the knowledge that you are supporting the NRI for years to come.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities – current or deferred payment
- Pooled Income Fund
- Charitable Lead Trusts
Gifts for a Lasting Legacy
Gifts may be made through your estate or by beneficiary designation to the UNC NRI.
- Bequests naming UNC NRI in your will or living trust
- Beneficiary designation(s) naming the UNC NRI as beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
Gifts of Securities
Your gift of appreciated securities, stocks, bonds or mutual funds transferred to the UNC NRI may provide considerable tax advantages to you. These include:
- Publicly-traded Securities
- Closely Held Stock
Gifts of Cash or Real Estate
Gifts of cash, real estate, property with retained right of usage, corporate matching gifts, and other gifts will help the NRI continue its critical research.
- Cash – the simplest method of giving. It is not subject to gift or estate taxes and you can deduct the gift to the full extent of IRS rulings.
- Real Estate or Property – use your real estate to fund a gift
- Corporate Matching Gifts – many corporations match donations in support of non-profit organizations like the NRI