1. What is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport is Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
2. Is transportation to and from the airport provided?
No, you will need to take a taxi, an airport shuttle, a ride-sharing service (uber, etc), or rent a car to UNC Charlotte.
3. Where is the housing located?
The housing is located on the campus of UNC Charlotte. Click here for details on accommodations.
4. Do I have to share a room?
Each participant will have their own bedroom, but will have to share a bathroom with at least one other person. Click here for details on accommodations.
5. Are there any activities scheduled for May 22, 2016?
No, May 22nd is Sunday and is the arrival day. Housing will be available the night of May 22nd and the bus will pick up participants at 8 AM on Monday morning. Click here to view the schedule for the entire conference.
6. What if I am driving?
You are welcome to drive your own vehicle. Parking is available at UNC Charlotte. There is a $6 per day fee for parking. A shuttle bus will take you from UNC Charlotte to the North Carolina Research Campus each day.
7. Will I receive academic credit for this short course?
No, the course is not-for-credit short course.
8. Do I have to provide a DNA sample to participate in the course?
No, providing a DNA sample to learn with your own personal dataset is strictly voluntary. If you choose not to provide your own, you will be provided an anonymous dataset.
9. I am a vegetarian. Will you provide vegetarian meals?
Yes, but you must indicated on your registration form if you have dietary restrictions or preferences.
10. The course is offered at the North Carolina Research Campus and the housing is at UNC Charlotte. What is the distance between the two places?
19 miles. A bus will take participants back and forth.
If you have other questions or concerns, email NRI_NGX@unc.edu.
- General – $675.00
- Graduate Student – $300.00
- Postdoctoral Fellow – $400.00
Fee (all-inclusive) includes shared housing, shuttle bus and meals listed below, as well as your personal DNA test. A personal DNA test is only provided if you register before March 15. Registrations after this date will be provided a standardized sample. Early registration deadline is March 15, 2016. Click here to register now.