Research Technician- Hursting Lab
Please note that this position is located on the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, approximately 2 hours from Chapel Hill.
A highly motivated Research Technician with previous research experience is needed to conduct scientific research in a laboratory for both in vitro and in vivo studies. The technician will assist other laboratory team members with the completion of analytical procedures and experiments.
In vitro responsibilities include cell culture studies and the use of anatomical, molecular, and biochemical techniques (e.g. ELISA, Western blot, PCR). In vivo responsibilities include providing technical assistance with experiments in mice, including animal handling, maintenance, genotyping, and tissue dissection. In addition to experimental techniques, responsibilities include organization, analysis, and preparation of data.
– Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with guidance from supervisor
– Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
– Must be able to work in a Vivarium environment.
– Must be comfortable handling rodents.
– Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience required. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Applications only accepted online at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/149634
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.