RESEARCH TECHNICIAN – SMITH LAB
*Please note that this position is located on the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC (near Charlotte), approximately 2 hours from Chapel Hill.
A Research Technician is needed in the Smith Lab to conduct scientific research on rats, including handling, oral gavages, plug checks, food weighing, euthanasia, blood and tissue collection, and behavior testing pipelines. In addition to conducting experiments, the Research Technician will meet with the supervisor regularly to develop plans to achieve specific experimental goals, discuss experimental results, and make recommendations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
– Demonstrated attention to detail and consistency in work.
– Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in performing experiments and troubleshooting lab procedures.
– Must be comfortable working with rodents.
– Must be able to work full days on Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.
– Associate’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment.
– Coursework in a discipline related to the area of assignment.
– Must be able to move/lift food and cages weighing up to 10 kilograms with or without reasonable accommodation.
– Requires prolonged and/or repetitive reaching, lifting, and moving items.
To learn more or apply, visit: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/175119
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.